Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Prayer Of Strays

Dear God please send me somebody who will care. I'm tired of running, I'm sick of despair. My body is aching, its so racked with pain. I run in the rain, I'm praying that someone will love me and give me a home, a warm cozy bed, I can call my own. My last owner neglected me and beat me with a belt, my owner chased me away to rummage in garbage and live as a stray. But now I'm being a stray I regert for leaving, I'm very tired and hungry and cold, and I'm very afraid I'll never grow old. They've chase me with sticks and hit me with stones, while I run in the streets looking for left over food. I'm not bad, if you can help me, for I'm just become a victim. I'm wormy and I'm ridden with fleas and that all I want is a owner. If you find one for me. I'll try to be good. I won't run away and I will do what I should. I don't think I'll make it to long on my own. Because I'm getting so weak and I'm so all alone. Each night as I sleep in the brushes I cry, because I'm so afraid that I will die, or get killed, or get beat again. And I have so much to love and devotion to give, that I should be given a new chance to live. So, I ask please answer my prayers. And send me someobody that really cares. Are my screams in this dark silence reaching you, or only my head? My heart it becoming an empty void Ihave nothing to fill it with all friends have move on I have been left alone at the bottom of this ditch you think you are throwing me a rope but you are only dropping me a bucketful of dirt into my silent screaming face covering me with this emptiness hope is just a dim bulb the edge of burning out my heart has been dying inside of me for years now you just stand there looking at me as I drown in a sea of endless despair do you hear me as I stumble back into my room full of emptiness

No comments: